Pages

Review | CosRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser ** Updated **

I've wanted to try out gel cleansers because they are such a different texture than foam cleansers. I generally have a very high opinion of CosRX products - they are simply packaged and highly efficacious (check out my review of CosRX's BHA Blackhead Power Liquid) so it was a no brainier to pick this one.


Say hello to my little friend (bonus points if you know what movie this is from) - this adorable little cactus. You're going to be seeing a bunch of him and his friends in my pictures as I experiment with photos!

Packaging: Flip top 150 ml or ~ 5.07 ounces

Pricing / Purchasing:
  • Here on Amazon.com for $10.80
  • Here Sokoglam.com for $11
Color / Consistency: Clear with a consistency similar to gel hand sanitizer (see below for a picture)

Scent: Smells herbal, more specifically like tea tree oil (this is probably because tea tree is one of the ingredients in the product)

Usage Tip(s): 
  • The directions do not tell you how much to use, I use about a dime size amount
Ingredients: Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Polysorbate 20, Styrax Japonicus Branch/Fruit/Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Saccharomyces Ferment, Cryptomeria Japonica Leaf Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Leaf Extract, Pinus Palustris Leaf Extract, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Flower Extract, Pueraria Lobata Root Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Allantoin, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Betaine Salicylate, Citric Acid, Ethyl Hexanediol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium EDT

Pros: 
  • Gentle on the skin 
  • Not as drying as foam cleansers but still gets your face clean
  • I really like clear products - I don't like dyes in my skincare products

Cons: 
  • Does not lather like a foam cleanser - This isn't really so much a bad thing, but being so used to using foam cleansers, this was a new experience for me. I definitely love products that lather up - psychologically speaking it makes me feel as if I am removing a ton of dirt
  • I've tried other products on the market like Clean & Clear's Morning Burst Cleanser and I feel it does a better job of "waking you up". I think that is just because that product has microbeads that burst while you are using it. With a name with Good Morning in it, I would have thought this product would have whammed and bammed you awake!
  • I seem to be using it up rather rapidly, so not necessarily the most cost-effective product out there
  • I broke out on my forehead while using this - but I don't automatically think this is a bad thing, sometimes your face will purge out the impurities when you do a routine change and that in itself is good

Overall rating: 3.5 / 5.0

Decent product before, but not my favorite for a cleanser. I would definitely say that the Mamonde Lotus Micro Foam Cleanser is still my favorite cleanser of all time. My quest for a gel cleanser continues (although there are not that many Korean ones it seems beyond this one)!

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments :

Post a Comment