Pages

Review | CosRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid

Special mid-week post! Rhetorical question - why am I so obsessed with toners!? This has got to stop! So you guessed it...another toner review. 

If you've seen my review for the Benton Aloe BHA Toner Review, then you'll know how much I like to use toners to get rid of blackheads. This product, however is different than the  Benton Aloe toner because instead of using a smaller amount of salicylic acid (0.5%), it uses betaine salicylate, which is betaine combined with salicylic acid. 

The bottom line is that betaine salicylate is gentler than salicylic acid, so for those ladies who have trouble tolerating products with salicylic acid (for instance, it makes your skin dry / flaky, itchy, etc.) this may be a good option to try. I definitely cannot tolerate 2% salicylic acid because it makes my skin itchy - which is strange because I've used other at home face peels that use other types of acids. The Korean product market is definitely ahead of the American market with the use of betaine salicylate...many American products like the popular Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash and Stridex's Daily Care Acne Pads use salicylic acid as their key active ingredient and I have never seen an American product at the drugstore with betaine salicylate as the active ingredient. (If you know of one, let me know in the comments below!) 

Read on for a detailed review of the product and a little bit of comparison between this product and the Benton Aloe BHA Toner. 

Packaging: Pump top with cap, 6.4 ounces


Pricing / Purchasing:
  • Here on Wishtrend.com for $16.80 - currently they are having a 20% off CosRX promotion see other products on this page
  • Here on Amazon.com for $18
  • Here on Sokoglam.com for $21

Color / Consistency: Thin, more on the watery side

Usage Tip(s): 
  • Do not use this with other acids on the same day because it has the potential to dry out your face
Pros: 
  • Appearance of blackheads are noticeably reduced - after about 1 week of consistent use of the toner approx 1x per day was when I started to see results - my nose and just overall face skin felt overall clearer and brighter
Cons: 
  • Drying on the skin
  • Skin may feel a bit irritated after use if this is the first time you are using betaine salicylate

Overall rating: 4.5 / 5.0 

In comparison between the CosRx toner and the Benton Aloe BHA toner, I would say that I like the CosRX toner slightly more then the Benton Toner. I feel the CosRX is more powerful. However for those ladies with dry skin because the Benton Aloe BHA toner has moisturizing properties that may be a better option. Also for those ladies who are more price conscious, I would pick the Benton toner because on average, it is cheaper than this product. 


This this is a really good toner, if not for the fact that it is a bit drying. Definitely makes your blackheads look less apparent and overall, I highly recommend it! I will be reviewing more CosRX products in the future so stay tuned.

Thanks for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment