Pages

Review | Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

I had been looking for a powerful spot treatment and stumbled upon Kate Somerville's EradiKate Acne Spot Treatment approximately 2 years ago. I use this mostly to treat my hormonal cystic acne as I do get a lot of that from being stressed out all the time. I really like this product, but for those of you who are looking for an end-all-be-all for over-the-counter products, this won't be it. However, I just don't think there will ever be an OTC product that does that. Read on to see why I'm a fan of this product (it's better than the Ciracle Red Spot Cream!): 


Here's to trying out new photographic styles for the blog!

Packaging: Bottle, 30 ml



Pricing: $26, you can purchase from these retailers: 
Color / Consistency: Thick, paste-like consistency, and pink. The pink paste solution is the 10% sulfur active ingredient.

This picture shows the solution in a semi-dry / semi-wet stage aka it is still drying on my skin

Scent: Smells like sulfur and rubbing alcohol 

Usage Tips:

  • Do not use cotton swabs that are overly "fluffy" - by that I mean where the tip is very thick - this will soak up too much product / waste product.
  • Do not mix the layers by shaking the product -  you need to see a clear liquid layer and the pink layer 

Pros: 
  • Reduced the size of my cystic acne - it actually shrinks them down and is one of the more powerful non-prescription topical acne treatments available. However keep your expectations realistic, this still is not prescription strength
  • The liquid consistency makes you not want to pick your pimples
  • Works to stop pimples from forming
  • Contains AHA to reduce the appearance of large pores
  • Dries out pimples that you have squeezed recently, works best on the smaller pimples


Cons: 
  • MESSY application! I am constantly getting this all over my hands when I use it
  • Dries out fast / runs out quickly - I waste what is at the bottom because the liquid at the top that helps the sulfur solution at the bottom stay liquid gets absorbed quickly by the q-tips that you absorb 
  • Glass packaging makes it hard to travel with, I spilled it once and you better believe it was a pain in the arse to clean out of my  purse
  • You need to wait until this dries so you do not get it all over your pillow when you sleep, but it does leave some powdery residue over your pillow on the next day. 
  • Does not work on whiteheads
  • Stings slightly for those of you who do not like pain
  • Does not work to reduce / lighten the appearance of scars

Overall rating: 4.0 / 5.0

Despite the messiness, I still think this is a great product for stubborn reoccurring cystic acne as well as for a general spot treatment (visible reduction overnight). Of course, it is not a magic wand but the fact that I'm on my third bottle should tell you something! I also believe this remedy is good for teenagers - my 16-year-old brother occasionally gets spots that we use this on and they are quite reduced by the next day. 

Other comparable products:  I haven't done a section like this before in my reviews, but I'm going to start when applicable 

  • Etude House AC Clearing Solution *COST EFFECTIVE* at approx $12-18 - I bought this for my brother and he loves it. He actually likes it better than the Ciracle Pimple Solution Pink Powder. This product, however, has been retired in favor of Etude House's AC Clinic Intense Pink Power Spot Treatment

  • This product also reminds me of Ciracle's Pimple Solution Pink Powder which costs approximately $19 (review to come soon as I am currently testing the product out). This product claims to heal acne scars, note: the Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment does not, in my observation, heal acne scars

  • I am also planning on trying Renee Rouleau's Anti-Cyst Treatment which has been described as "better than a cortisone shot" when my wallet stops crying so much ($42.50). I'm already inclined to Renee Rouleau's product is going to work well because it includes the AHA acid - lactic acid, which has been the most helpful product in controlling my cystic acne.
Have you tried any EradiKate products? What were your thoughts? How do you treat cystic acne bumps? Let me know your comments below!



2 comments :

  1. I am going to try these out with my little niece. Thanks for the post.
    acne spot treatment review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully one of these products works for her, Diane! Troublesome acne is always so tough. Thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete