Pages

Review | Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Toner

Another Korean toner review! Can you guys tell I'm a tone-a-holic? I had originally read some reviews on other blogs that this is a moisturizing toner. But after using up almost the whole bottle, I definitely think this toner is more of a "drying" toner that is more useful for those with oily skin (I have normal skin).

Packaging: Bottle with a screw top, 250 ml or about 13.6 oz



Pricing / Purchasing: $17-21, purchase here on Amazon.com or on Memebox here

Color / Consistency: I actually thought this toner was brown, but that is just the bottle. The toner is clear, thin, and almost water-like. It does come with a clay paste at the bottom of the bottle that you have to shake before using. One word of caution - the bottle comes with a stopper, I highly recommend you keep the stopper instead of throwing it out like I did because I thought it was just part of the protective packaging - it keeps the clay and toner from spraying up when you shake it and from getting everywhere. 


Very thin consistency - slides off the hands

Not brown like I originally thought...


Scent: Perfumed smell. Since I'm super weary about scented products, I would rank this along the products that have a medium scent. In other words it is noticeable when you put it on.

Pros: 
  • Soaks up oil because of the clay that is at the bottom (apologies you cannot see, since I'm almost done with the bottle most of the clay has dried up). For that reason, I like to use this toner when I am having super oily skin from hormonal fluctuations (i.e. mother nature period time) or if I have been outside in the sun sweating buckets
  • Good toner when you are very oily from the summer heat / sweating
Cons: 
  • Somewhat more on the pricey side, but I suppose the bottle is a decent size to make up for this
  • Can be drying, especially for your skin-type. I probably would not use this product in the winter time, especially if you have normal / dry skin.

Overall rating: 3.5 / 5.0

Overall since I have normal skin, this toner was not one of my favorites and took me a long time to finish. For those have oily skin and need sebum control, I think this would work a lot better for you than for me! This is a shame because I the Jeju Volcanic Cleansing Foam, which is another item in the same product line (review to come) is awesome and one of my top-ranked cleansing foams!


One of my favorite cleansing foams!


Have you tried any Innisfree products? What were your thoughts? Let me know your comments below!



No comments :

Post a Comment