Pages

Review | Ciracle Red Spot Cream - Updated!

If there is something I'm still looking for as a holy grail item for my skincare arsenal it is an amazing spot treatment. I've found some good stuff (Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Treatment) that is close to holy grail (review to come), but I still want to do a little more comparing / experimenting on other products, namely the Renee Rouleau Anti-Cyst Treatment. I also want to compare the Kate Somerville's Eradikate product to the Mario Badeascu Drying Lotion (oxymoron...hah) which looks very similar but is about $7 cheaper. In this review, I purchased Ciracle's Red Spot Cream, which is one of the most highly rated spot creams in Korea because it claims to work on inflamed acne skin. For those of you who have never used a spot treatment, you do this step at the very end of your routine, after you have put on your toner and your moisturizer.

Packaging: Container with a screw top, 30 ml or about 1 oz


She looks so cranky! Poor thing.

Pricing / Purchasing: $15-$22, depending where you purchase (see links below)
Color / Consistency: White color with a think, paste-like consistency



Scent: It has a really nice scent for those who like natural smells. It smells sort of like tea-tree solution.



Pros: 
  • Redness reduction
Cons: 
  • Pricey for the amount of product you get and especially considering the thick consistency. 
  • Messy application (this of course is not limited to this spot treatment, most spot treatments just get all over the place)
  • Due to the consistency, remains tacky for the duration of the night. In other words, it doesn't really dry so a lot of of it will rub off on your pillow or your sheets in the middle of the night
  • Given the positive reviews you would expect major shrinkage of the pimple the next day, but that was not the case for me
  • UPDATED - seems to only work on non-white head pimples...which is such a shame since so many people have problems with whiteheads...
  • Limited to no usefulness on moderate to severe scaring  - I think my scars are just too old, severe, and deep for this to have any effect. It may work for those who have very limited superficial (at the top / surface level of the skin) scars, especially after just squeezing a pimple but not for me. In other words, this product probably will not heal PIH (post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation) very much

Overall rating: 2.5 / 5.0 

*UPDATED* - I downgraded my rating even more after I decided to give this product a second chance as I have been breaking out like crazy ever since I started my grad program. It has done next to nothing for my skin.

I am really disappointed at this spot cream, especially after being so excited to try this item from the good reviews on Wishtrend.com. It just doesn't do much for me. Night over night, I never see much difference in my skin the next day after application. After reading more reviews on a variety of other sites, it seems this has happened to others before.

  I'm going to guess that it doesn't work on bad acne caused by hormonal fluctuations, which happens to be my problem. It instead seems to work better on pimples caused by improper cleansing / dirt, etc. I also believe this product is only intended for light scar healing - since many Korean's take care of their skin from a young age and do not end up with severe acne scaring like myself.

 Long story short, save your money and buy something more like the Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Treatment as it is more powerful and actually dries on the skin.

Have you tried this product? Did you get better results than me? Let me know down below in the comments and thanks for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment