Pages

Review | Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Mask

So I typically like Asian skin-care products, but I think a gap in the Korean skin-care market is for spot treatments for more problematic acne like cysts and what not. In other words, I definitely prefer American spot treatments over Korean ones. 

I purchased the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Mask after getting super upset over all the chin acne that I was getting. School is very stressful and I'm an anxious person, so I always get acne on my chin. 

The label is no joke. "Feel your face pulsate!" The pulsating comes from the mask is drying. If you are like me and you need to feel some visceral sensation for you to believe that the product is working then you'll love this mask. I can just imagine all the gunk in my face getting sucked out by this clay...read on to find out why I love this product!

Packaging: Container with a screw top, 1 pound of product; this product is NOT a pre-mixed mask!

Pricing / Purchasing:
  • Here on Amazon.com for $12 
  • You can purchase it at Vitamin Shoppe stores as well for approximately $8
Color / Consistency: Thick, green and paste-like.


Usage Tip(s): 
  • I use 1 tablespoon of the clay mask mixed with 1 tablespoon of raw organic apple cider vinegar. You can use water, but apple cider vinegar is more effective and makes the solution easier to mix
  • Use a wash cloth to remove this product because it is thick and will be hard to splash off with water. Also be careful to not get so much of this product in your drain, it will clog! 
  • Don't apply it on on too thick other wise it will take a long time to dry
  • Don't use clay masks too often. Clay masks can be very drying and this can lead to the overproduction of oil on the face.
  • Follow up with a highly moisturizing routine after use. 
  • Your face will be red after use, but it usually goes away

This mask is not pre-mixed, so you have to measure it out and mix a solution for yourself!
Pros: 
  • Face feels extremely clean and soft after use
  • Reaches deep into your pores 
  • Dries out yucky blemishes
Cons: 
  • Hard to remove
  • Messy
  • Smells strange (definitely not for ladies who like nice smelling spa-type products)
  • Additional preparation time needed to mix the mask
  • Redness after the mask may scare some users
  • May be painful for some


Overall rating: 4.5 / 5.0 


Love this mask and will make it a permanent fixture in my routine. I'm going to use this a few more times this week(probably around 2x a week for my chin area) and will update the post with additional photos and pros / con's. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment