Pages

Review | CNP Laboratory Anti-Pore Blackhead Clear Kit

This was on my 2015 Winter Skincare Wishlist and after a giant backlog of products to try, I  just recently purchased the product to try it out. This review is going to be slightly different than my other reviews as it is an "initial impressions" review. I want to do a bit more testing with the product and then will post my results. The goal is to use the product every 2 weeks until I am finished with the set of 20 strips. I will post a picture of my before and after when I am done. 

The product comes with 20 strips total as well as a package of 10 very unique black q-tips with two types of points (will explain down below what they are used for). It is a two step set; the first part of the set is to clear out blackheads and sebum, while the second is to minimize and soothe your pores. 

You use the strips in the white packaging first for 15-20 minutes then you use the strips in the green packaging for another 10-15 minutes. The total treatment time will be around a half an hour. Read on for a more detailed product break down. 

Packaging: Is smaller than the picture would suggest...


The box is hard to close because it is creased at angle. 
Pricing / Purchasing: 

  • If you want the 10 set kit, that will run about  $25 - 40 depending on where you purchase. Purchase from eBay here.
  • There is a smaller 3 set kit that runs about $15 - $16 that may be good if you want to sample the product. You can purchase here from eBay. 

Initial Impressions:
  • Step 1 Blackhead Clear Mask - has a cooling sensation, feels really unique and unlike any other pore strip I've tried.

  • The shape of the strip is great - there is a little slit in the middle to adjust for custom fit. Unlike the Biore pore strips, which many people are familiar with, these CNP Laboratory strips can go around your nose, where those very unpleasant blackheads reside. 
Seeing my nose like this is slightly awkward
  • Despite the box and packaging being different colors for both steps, the strips look exactly the same from step one and step 2. The only difference is that the strip in step 2 is much more saturated in liquid and does not have a cooling sensation. (The first strip is 2 ml while the second strip is 3 ml.) 
  • In between step 1 and 2 - you are supposed to use the black q-tip to push out the blackheads / skin from your nose as well as clear off excess liquid. I was not very successful in doing this. 
The tip on the right side is super different!
  • Step 2 Pore Tightening -  As a caution, this second strip contains  witch hazel, so if you are sensitive to that it is not recommended you use this product. 

  • As with all Korean skincare products - this is extremely innovative. The intent of the kit is to dissolve the dirt and other yucky stuff that causes the blackhead - not to pull it out. I have never seen a product like this in the American market. Although this is not as gratifying as ripping out your blackheads like you are waxing them out and then staring at the strip in horrified fascination, I could start to feel the blackheads shrinking after the use of the 2nd strip. I let the strip residue dry on my face and felt an even stronger tightening. 

Overall First Impression: Although I felt the tightening at night, I was disappointed to see that my results the previous night did not stay with me. This product is supposed to be one of the best products in Korea for blackhead care, but I am not 100% convinced that it is effective. Reducing my blackheads on my nose has been a skin goal of mine for quite some time, hopefully after 10 uses of this kit I will have a clearer nose. Official rating to come. 

No comments :

Post a Comment