Pages

Review | Gel Manicure for Less Using Tony Moly Gel Light Nail Polish

Love getting a gel manicure, but hate the price? I know I do! While hanging out in K-Town my sister and I happened to pop into the Tony Moly store where we found a beautiful range of nail polishes. We swatched them in the store and fell completely in love - for girls who love shiny nails (me!) this nail polish is definitely one of the most glossy nail polishes that I've ever come across and is a really good budget conscious way to get that gel polish look. 

Did I mention you don't need to purchase a gel lamp? Read on below to see more pictures of the #3 Skinny Beige color as well as a detailed review. 

Packaging: Bottle with a screw top, 8 ml. Comes in a plastic box. 

Pricing / Purchasing: $6 - 10 depending on where you purchase. Purchase from eBay here.


This nail polish matches my skin-tone really well! This is 3 coats.

Pros: 
  • Gorgeous colors (see below - I believe this is their latest series in the gel light range, they had additional more fall-type colors, dark blues, etc. but those are very hard to find) 
  • Super nice shiny finish
  • Limited chipping
  • Build-able - I used 3 coats to get the particular opacity on the photo above. Unlike other nail polishes that seem to get really gummy and tacky this does not do that and dries relatively quickly even with 3 coats. For reference - I also purchased #11 Purple Couple and will post a swatch shortly, which as a darker color only needs 2 coats.

Cons: 
  • The brush is made from very plastic-y synthetic fibers and this makes application messy. I can usually paint my nails pretty well myself, but given how wide and flat these brushes are, the application is a bit tiresome since they slide all around the finger. In other words, the brush does not hold its shape while you are applying the polish and this can get messy. I also think the bottle cap is hard to hold.
Although this line has a great range of colors, it is still obviously limited. But you can transform any old bumpkin nail polish to that gel-look with Tony Moly's Healthy All In One Nail Hardener. Purchase from eBay here. It is seriously the best top coat out there. 


Overall rating: 4.0 / 5.0

Have you tried any Tony Moly nail products? What were your thoughts? Let me know your comments below!



No comments :

Post a Comment