Pages

Review | Skinfood Black Sugar Honey Wash-Off Mask

Apologies for the lack of posts last week - I have been busy getting ready for exams, so will be decreasing my posting schedule to approx 1 post per week until the end of December. 

I bought the Skinfood Black Sugar Honey Wash-Off Mask a few months ago because my skin has been really bad lately (as I keep saying, *sigh*) and I really wanted an exfoliating mask. I would say Skinfood is one of the most recognized Korean skincare brands in the US. They base their products on natural and food-related products and that is probably the reason for their popularity in America - they have, for example, an avocado lip scrub, strawberry sheet mask, and black pomegranate toner. I tried a few of their other products many years ago, but I wasn't super impressed, so I haven't tried one of their products in a long time. 

This product boasts a dual-layer formula: the bottom layer is the black sugar and the top layer is manuka honey enriched to gently remove oil, dead skin cells, and impurities while hydrating skin. Read on below to hear my detailed thoughts!

Packaging: Container with a screw top, 3.53 oz

Testing out a new background!

Pricing / Purchasing: approximately $10-$12 depending where you purchase (see links below)

Usage Tip(s): Avoid getting this near your nostrils or be extra careful when you are applying it by your nose, as you will end up smelling the mask the whole time you are using it if you accidentally get it inside your nose. 

Color / Consistency: Brown-yellow, and a paste-like consistency. Has larger sugar granules. This is not a fine exfoliate. 



Scent: Smells like honey, but not exactly...you can obviously tell there are other ingredients mixed in...


Pros: 
  • Exfoliates your face and removes dull skin 
  • Face looks brighter after use
  • Seems to even have a skin-lightening effect - the next morning my skin seemed lighter
  • Face just feels "purified"
  • Hydrating!
Cons: 
  • Seriously messy! I recommend getting a plastic knife to stir up this product and help you apply it (almost like a spatula) as it does not come with a spatula for spreading the product around.
  • Smell can be polarizing - I feel like there will be some people who will really like the smell and others who will really hate it. I don't really like the smell of honey in general, so that is probably why I don't like the smell as much as others might.
Haha amazon sticker.

Overall rating: 4.5 / 5.0 

I'm starting to like wash-off masks more and more! Highly recommend this one for its multitude of benefits. It is a great all-around mask for those who are just starting out with Korean skincare and masks. Now I feel like I would be willing to try other Skinfood products, starting with the Rice Wash-Off Mask!

Have you tried this product? What did you think? Thanks for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment