Pages

Review | Etude House's Baking Powder BB Deep Cleansing Foam

I haven't written about any foam cleansers yet, so I thought it would be fitting for first cleanser review to be the first Korean skin cleanser that I ever tried - Etude House's Baking Powder BB Deep Cleansing Foam. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Korean cleansing foams, they are very drying - designed to get all and I mean all of the oil, dirt, and other gross stuff off of your face. When using a foam cleanser, Korean's often do a double cleanse as part of their face washing routines. This is a two step cleansing process involving the use of an oil cleanser before the foam cleanser. The oil cleanser is designed to take out soot, pollution, make up. The foam cleanser is supposed to get off water and oil based residuals. This process is done in the morning and at night. 

Korean foam cleansers are usually pretty drying on my normal skin, which is why I personally don't do the double cleanse process on most days. In other words, I only double cleanse when I wear make-up and that is not very often. I've gotten comfortable looking like a blotchy mess in public because I think it is important for your skin to breathe without being burdened with the chemicals in foundation. Read on below for a more detailed breakdown of why I liked this product!

Packaging: Container with a squeeze out top, 150 ml or about 5 ounces. 


The bottle doesn't usually look like this...its just almost finished...

Pricing / Purchasing: $7-10, depending where you purchase (see links below)

Ingredients: WATER, MYRISTIC ACID, GLYCERIN, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, PEG-32, SILICA, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, LAURAMIDE DEA, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM BICARBONATE, PEG-14M, SODIUM BENZONATE, CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL OIL, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) PEEL OIL

Color / Consistency: White with a grainy texture from the baking soda. It is a bit rough when you start rubbing it in and that is because of the micro-beads. 



Scent: Lightly perfumed. I have a sensitive nose but this didn't bother me. 


Pros: 
  • Fantastic exfoliation - I really like this product especially compared to others like St. Ives Apricot Scrub (which is a big hit for many) because the exfoliating "beads" are so small. It really gives a fine "polish" and makes your face feel as smooth as a baby's bottom. 
This is how it looks when lathered up. You can see the baking soda "beads".
  • Face feels really clean after use
  • Really good lather that builds as you rub the product into your face
  • Limited scent
  • Would recommend highly for oily skin
Cons: 
  • One of the more drying cleansing foams that I've tried and by that I mean it makes your skin pretty tight. However on the spectrum of cleansers I have tried, it isn't that bad. If you have normal or dry skin you will need to ensure you put moisture back onto your face via moisturizer and or cream. But I'm also excited to a cleansing foam in this same line that is less drying, the Baking Powder Moisture Cleansing Foam 


Overall rating: 4.0 / 5.0

I am really happy to have had this as my first cleansing foam. If you are on the boarder of trying this product and not I truly recommend you do so. If you use a Clarisonic, I don't think this should be your main cleansing foam. That is because the microbeads in this product combined with the power of the Clarisonic might lead you to over-exfoliate your face, which can also lead to more / worsening acne.

Have you tried this product? What did you think? Let me know down below in the comments and thanks for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment