Pages

Review | Pureology Hydrate Hydra Whip (Hair Masque)

Apologies for the two week hiatus (last week and the week before). School has been getting pretty intense with my exams coming up and I'm not going to be very regular with my posting for the next few weeks. Today's review is going to be about Pureology's Hydrate Hydra Whip, which is probably the most amazing hair masque that I've tried. You leave on for approximately 5 minutes and it makes your hair so silky smooth!

Packaging: Twist cap container, 5.2 oz. 



Pricing / Purchasing:
  • Here on Ulta for $51; This is crazy expensive if you ask me...I think my mouth actually dropped to my chin when I first found out how much it costs. Use a coupon! Current coupons are: 505355 for $5 off $15. 

Usage Tip(s): 
  • A little goes a long way, my hair is about four inches longer than shoulder length and I use approximately a quarter size dollop of the product
Comparison to a quarter - you really don't need to use much at all!
  • To help the product last longer, I sometimes mix the formula with another less expensive conditioner - Joico Color Balance Blue (which is still not extremely cheap if you ask me but buying in bulk helps).
  • This is a leave in mask that you leave on your hair for approximately 2-5 minutes 
  • Because of Pureology's price point / status as a premium hair care brand, there are knockoffs on the market, be aware if the product is vastly cheaper on other websites, be sure to check coupon websites like Retailmenot for places like Ulta to help defray the price

Ingredients: Aqua / Water / Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum / Fragrance, Trideceth-6, Methylparaben, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil / Sunflower Seed Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis Butter / Jojoba Butter, Panthenol, Persea Gratissima Oil / Avocado Oil, Cetrimonium Chloride, Tocopherol, Wine Extract, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Salvia Officinalis Extract / Sage Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract / Rosemary Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Extract / Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone-4, Hydrolyzed Oats, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract / Sunflower Seed Extract, Wheat Amino Acids, Ascorbic Acid, Melanin.

Color / Consistency: Cream-colored with hints of pink, thick consistency

Scent: Perfumed smell, it smells really nice and luxurious 

Pros: 
  • Smells nice! I typically hate perfumed products but this one has a really nice smell that also makes your hair smell great. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it just smells luxurious as if you are at the spa!
  • Makes your hair feel silky smooth - even if your hair is coarse (texture wise)
  • Although the bottle is small, a little goes a long way
  • Anti-fade protection for your hair color
  • Made from 100% vegan ingredients if you are interested in that kind of stuff
Cons: 
  • Pricey! I can't justify spending this much unless it is on sale. I use this product very infrequently - mainly for when I want to treat myself or have a special occasion where I really want my hair to look bomb-diggity!

Overall rating: 4.0 / 5.0

Although I really love Pureology products, I gave this product a 4.0 rating because of the cost. My hair essentially drinks conditioner and I would go bankrupt using such luxurious hair products... 

Thanks for reading and let me know in the comments below if you have tried any Pureology products. 

No comments :

Post a Comment