Pages

Review | Baviphat Snail Cure Mask Sheet

Today I am reviewing, Baviphat's Snail Cure Mask Sheet. I've been pretty lackidasical in using masks these past few weeks. My skin hasn't been great, which is bad and means I should step my mask game up. I've been getting small breakouts all over my face (which is strange) and my face is oddly dry and dull. Maybe this is because of the weather change in NYC...spring is here after-all! Snail slime is very hydrating and anti-microbial which makes it perfect for a sheet mask for this situation.

Also, I'm in the process of reviewing all the snail products I've tried. Take a look at this review that I did for Benton's Snail Bee High Content Mask for a more detailed introduction to snail slime skincare products as well as a listing of other snail slime based products that I am about to review.



Packaging: White and green packaging with foil inside with a rip-top. 

Pricing / Purchasing:

  • Here on eBay - 5 masks for $9, which is less than $2/mask. This is a more moderately priced snail mask especially since ones like Tony Moly's cost approx $5-$8 / sheet. 

Usage Tip(s): 

  • Same as every mask usage tip - turn your mask over and rub the extra essence on your neck 
  • Scoop out the extra essence in the pouch to rub over your face / neck as well

Ingredients: See below.  

Not the best translation it seems...
Pros: 
  • Mask is thicker cotton material, almost gauze-like
  • Makes your face feel highly hydrated
  • Brightens the face
  • Soothes the skin, red marks appear less red
  •  This mask has a very neutral smell, slightly different than what a normal person is used to, but it is not offensive at all!

Cons: 
  • Results do not seem to last into the next day - this makes me wonder how much hydration my face is really getting, I think this is because this mask relies more on aloe than on snail slime as an active ingredient (look at how high aloe is on the ingredient list and an ingredient list is ordered from what it includes the most of to the least) 
  • The sheet mask is very stretchy, it almost has a gauze-like fiber which means it stretches after you take it out of the package. That also means the sheet mask can start to fit badly
  • Sheet mask is large already so you will likely see wrinkles in the sheet when you put it on. I dislike that because I want the mask to lie flat!

Overall rating: 3.5 / 5.0

Decent product, but not as good as Benton's Snail Bee High Content Mask!

Also, just as a shameless instance of self-promotion, I have added a newsletter sign-up to my blog! I typically post on Sundays with the occasional mid-week post, so being on the mailer will let you know when I've posted a new blog entry. Head on over to the "Follow by Email" widget on the right-hand side of the blog under my profile picture to enter your email address. Thanks for reading and visiting the site!

No comments :

Post a Comment