Pages

Review | Dear Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner

Another toner review...what's new. Apologies for the delay in posting - I was having some problems with my photo-editing software...

This is the first Dear, Klairs product (aka Kairs for short) that I've ever tried and I am sure it won't be the last. This product is probably my favorite toner - I keep a bottle around just as a back-up whenever I need something that is consistently awesome.


Packaging: Container with a screw cap; 180 ml approx 6 oz

Pricing / Purchasing:
  • Here on Amazon for $15-22
  • Here on Wishtrend for $22
  • Here on Sokoglam for $25.50

Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Dimethyl Sulfone, Betaine, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Natto Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Disodium EDTA, Centella Asiatica Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Polyquaternium-51, Chlorphenesin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer, Panthenol, Arginine, Luffa Cylindrica Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Beta-Glucan, Althaea Rosea Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Lysine HCL, Proline, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Acetyl Methionine, Theanine, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Copper Tripeptide-1

Color / Consistency: Medium consistency - it is slightly thicker than water but not as thick as a gel, it is clear


Winter is killing my hands...ugh

Scent: Slight herbal smell - not overwhelming at all  

Usage Tip(s): 
  • Use when your skin is tired and needs a pick-me-up

Pros:
  • Helps your skin absorb other products in your routine
  • Calms your skin down (probably also good to use if you have a sunburn, although I have never actually tried this as I am a vampire and don't really go out in the sun)
  • Reduces blemishes
  • Moisturizing
  • Skin brightening - makes your skin feel revitalized the next day
  • Alcohol and paraben free!
  • Super high quality especially given the relatively inexpensive price

Cons: 
  • Runs out quickly due to its thicker consistency - I feel like I have to  dump a bunch of the product onto the cotton pad in order to get enough to be able to apply it to my whole face
  • Bottle should be a pump bottle due to its thicker consistency. With the screw top it is difficult to get the product out especially when you are near the bottom of the bottle

Overall rating: 5.0 / 5.0

The best toner ever...didn't think I'd ever do a 5.0/5.0 rating, but nothing has come close to matching this toner in all-around efficacy. Will be repurchasing time and time again. It really helps prep your skin for the other products in your skincare routine. 

I'm also super interested in the new Klairs Rich Moist product line ($60 at Wishtrend for the set below which consists of the Foaming Cleanser, Soothing Serum, Soothing Cream, Mask Sheets. I think this line will be great for the wintertime when your skin gets dry and flaky.



Have you tried this toner? Did you get different effects? Thanks for reading!



No comments :

Post a Comment