Pages

Review | Tony Moly I'm Real Sheet Masks - Comprehensive Ranking of 11 Types ** Updated **

I've been wanting to try Tony Moly I'm Real Sheet Masks ever since I posted my  2015 winter skincare wishlistI purchased them shortly after making that list but then got distracted testing out what I deemed "easier to use in a short amount of time" masks - aka sleeping packs. I dislike getting ready for bed - my night-time routine already takes too long and I don't want to add an additional 15 - 30 minutes of doing a sheet mask on top of that, hence why I typically reach for sleeping packs. 

Purchase: 
  • Pack of 11 for $11-$14 on Amazon
  • Pack of 11 for $12 on eBay
  • I've also posted individual links to purchase the masks by themselves for approx $3.75/mask on Ulta (but you can purchase these cheaper if you decide to buy in bulk on eBay)

Usage Tip(s): 
  • These masks are thin and highly prone to ripping when you are first applying them so be careful when unfolding them right out of the package
  • After you are done you can reverse the mask (away from the side you just used on your neck) to rub the extra essence on your neck. You definitely want your neck to stay young...my momma always told me you could tell how old a lady really is by looking at the wrinkles on her neck...and botox will only help that to a limited degree...
  • I leave these masks on for approximately 20-30 minutes

Overall Pros: 
  • Good customizable fit - I have a huge head / face (like a bobblehead!) so I like how this mask has little cuts in the mask that you can fold over for a more customized fit especially on your jawline. 

Overall Cons: 
  • Heavy perfume - many of these sheet masks are very fragrant. I have a sensitive nose so I prefer my masks to have a lighter fragrance. Read on below to find out the masks that were more pungent than the others!

Numerical Ranking (in the picture below the masks follows my numerical ranking - start from the top of the left column and work to the top of the right column, however, I had to picture Seaweed (Skin Purifying) separately as I did not keep the wrapper): 


Some may not like the fact that the masks are ripped on the bottom, but hey, I always like to use a product extensively before reviewing!

1. Tea Tree (Skin Soothing)this mask was really good at what it claims to do (you can also buy tea tree as an inexpensive spot treatment. I had been having pre-period hormonal breakouts on my chin before using this mask and this mask did wonders as my breakouts were noticeably reduced and less red / angry the next day. | 2. Makgeoli (Skin Purifying) - really like the smell on this one and skin felt brighter. Can you tell that I like the masks that purify the skin? | 3. Seaweed (Skin Purifying) - really liked this one, neutral smell. Skin felt so much better than it has in weeks as if you got a great detox.
Had to picture this separately as I threw away the wrapper and used this one ages ago.


4. Wine (Pore Care) - does not really smell like wine as opposed to the Innisfree Wine Jelly Mask, good for moisturizing the skin. | 5. Rice (Clear Skin) - scent gave me a headache because it smelled very very artificial and was in my opinion, more heavily perfumed than the other masks. Overall a decent mask because my skin looked brighter after use, however, skin felt brighter. | 6. Aloe (Moisturizing) - a very typical moisturizing mask, nothing out of this world. I actually prefer to use fresh aloe ( I used to grow some in my backyard!). 

7. Avocado (Nutrition) - moisturizing, more of the same, my skin doesn't get super dry so this was limited in effectiveness for me | 8.  Brocolli (Vitality) - similar to moisturizing in that I don't really see much of a difference as I don't usually have dry skin | 9. Pomegranate (Elasticity) - I'm still relatively young (mid-twenties) so I didn't really see much of a difference with this one before I put it on and after I took it off, as well as into the next morning. I highly doubt however that just using this mask will take care of your wrinkles, especially fine lines. 

10. Lemon (Brightening) - this one had so much liquid coming off it, that it dripped all over my towel on the way out from the package. I also do not really like the smell of this one, it smells like your average lemon cleaning product. But skin did feel brighter immediately after use, but not for the next day. 

Not pictured: 11. Tomato (Radiance) I tried using this mask but I have a tomato allergy so I was unable to use this - even the smell was hard for me to tolerate. This one is highly rated on Amazon, just wish I had been able to try it for more than 3 minutes! 

Not Tested - these two masks are relatively new to the I'm Real Series:  Orange (Refreshing) - think this will be like using a vitamin C serum so major brightening! and Pumpkin (Anti-Aging) - I've used pumpkin anti-aging masks in the past and have loved them. This may be good...but I will need to purchase it to try it out!


Update 5/25/2017: I recently saw that there was a Tony Moly Luminating mask. I have tried pearl products in the past but that made me break out, so I honestly do not see myself trying this one in the future. The package is cute, though!


Repurchasing: Although these are overall nice masks, I don't think I will be repurchasing. This is because they are too artificially perfumed for me and there are so many other masks to try! However, I think this line is very successful in part because the packaging is eye-catching and cute. I would consider repurchasing, as individual masks, any of the ones listed in my top three, however!


Overall rating: 3.5 / 5.0 


Have you ever tried these masks? Let me know in the comments below!


No comments :

Post a Comment