Pages

Review | Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer & SPF 15 Sunscreen *Updated*

Hope everyone has had a good Memorial Day Weekend! Posting schedule will and will continue to be a bit sporadic in the next few weeks as I will be doing a bit of traveling for family events. 

One of my favorite teachers in middle school used to tell me that sunscreen is the key to youth because it will prevent sun damage, wrinkles, etc. I've carried that mantra around with me for 10+ years! This review is going to be for an oldie but goodie - Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer & SPF 15 Sunscreen for Sensitive Skin. So I am extremely picky about sunscreen - most times sunscreen is really sticky and I hate that. 


Packaging: Screw cap 177 ml or 6 ounces. This product comes in a variety of sizes (4 ounces, 6 ounces, etc.)

Pricing / Purchasing: (see scrolling links below):
  • Here for $10.50 at Walgreens
  • Here for $9 at Ulta (this is the smaller 4 ounce bottle, may be good if you are not sure you want to try the product yet) 
Color / Consistency: Thin for a sunscreen, not pasty at all

Scent: Has a very limited sunscreen smell. I absolutely hate sunscreen smell so for those who also hate that sunscreen chemical smell, this is mild and very tolerable.


Usage Tip(s): 
  • Use at the end of your nighttime routine, unless you are using a sleeping pack, use this before your sleeping pack
Ingredients: Active Ingredients: 6.0% Octinoxate, 3.0% Zinc Oxide. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-20/20 Dimethicone, Steareth-21, Stearyl Alcohol, Sucrose Polycotton-Seedate, Behenyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetyl Alcohol, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Steareth-2, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disodium EDTA, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Oleth-3 Phosphate.

Pros: 
  • Gentle on the skin so it is good for sensitive skin - it is 100% oil, fragrance and PABA free
  • Relatively inexpensive given the fact a bottle lasts me a long time - 6 months +
  • Goes on smooth and has a smooth consistency - not gritty like many other sunscreens which can make your face feel like it is sticky / tacky. This is probably the number 1 reason why I keep purchasing this product and have done so for years
  • Hydrating 
  • I did not break out when I first started using this product - when shopping for sunscreens you should look for ones that are non-comedogenic, which means that it won't clog your pores
  • Absorbs quickly
  • Thinner formula means it does not stick to the face. I absolutely hate thick sunscreens / moisturizers!

Cons: 
  • Can make you look oily immediately after you've put it on - rubbing it in more helps
  • Slight white cast, but honestly much better than many other sunscreens out there (it goes away pretty quickly)
  • Could be more moisturizing. In my experience, this moisturizer is not enough if your skin is dried out from the weather. A sleeping pack if often needed to boost up your skin's hydration
  • Only SPF 15, so if you have very light skin this may not provide the coverage you need

Overall rating: 4.0 / 5.0

I know there are other sunscreens out there, I've just got to try them. I'm honestly scared to, however, because before I found this sunscreen I would always break out from using the thick and pasty sunscreens (ugh). 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment