Pages

Style | Currently Coveting for Spring 2017

I'm going to be slowly introducing more and more fashion-related posts back into the blog. This will not take away from my 1x a week Saturday posting schedule for skincare / beauty reviews and will be included on top of my regularly scheduled content.

I hate winter in the city, it is so cold and not to mention icy! I think the worst part is the ice because I am constantly slipping and falling on my face. So I'm already looking forward to Spring, which is my favorite season because everyone comes out of fashion hibernation and the trees and flowers start to bloom! Read on below to see some of my picks for the upcoming Spring season.
1. Terrariums -  In the spirit of the new year, new me mantra, I've been turning to gain solace from nature - 2016 was a disappointing year as a lot of unfortunate things happened to me and I've been trying to find inner peace using nature as a coping mechanism.There is something so invigorating about breathing in fresh air and sitting apart from the distractions of the internet to the point that you can just exist in the present. I want to change my decor to include more natural elements and that starts with a few terrariums!

2. Delicate Rings - I'm not really a gold gal, I'm a silver gal. There's something about gold that I find to be too shiny and thus tacky in many cases. The rings pictured are from Sterling Forever - I purchased the roman numeral ring when they were having a sale on Hautelook and was pleasantly surprised with the quality. I'm typically pretty skeptical of brands that I haven't tried before, especially when it comes to jewelry, but I would definitely recommend checking them out and I will be looking for more rings if they have a sale.

3. Colorblock Wide Striped Sweaters - I usually stay away from stripes because I think it makes your body look wide, especially if you have a larger chest like me. However, I really am loving that look this season and would love to pair this type of sweater in the spring with white jeans. I am also loving warmer tones, which is a first for me, as I am a true cool-tone lover. The sweater pictured is from one of my all time favorite brands, Free People, so once again it is on the pricier side at $98, which means I'll try to watch it and see if it goes on sale. Yay for waiting for sales!


4. The Color Orange (with red tint) - There is something so vibrant about this color that I will be incorporating a lot into my Spring 2017 / Summer 2017 wardrobe. I've been feeling very drained from the events of the last year and I think I am drawn to this color because it is so bright it gives me energy! The bag charm featured here is by Adrienne Landau at Nieman Marcus Last Call and comes in teal and purple.

5. Velvet Heels - I used to own velvet dresses and pants when I was little, I never was the biggest fan of the texture, which is why I've been hesitant about the velvet trend, but I'm officially on board. The style of the 50's and 60's is a constant inspiration for me, so naturally I fell in love with the style of these Steve Madden "Riesling" Heels which combines the velvet trend with the 50's / 60's look.

6. Perspex / Clear Heels -  I for some reason really love perspex, lucite, acrylic. I think it is the texture, it is so smooth and flawless. I love the Steve Madden "Clearer" Heels (pictured above) - the cylindrical heel is an amazing detail. I would snatch these up in a heartbeat if they weren't so damn pricey at $130.... I've tried on a similar shoe and it is a really cool illusion - as if you are not wearing shoes.

For those of you also looking for something cheaper, I've found the following shoes at Public Desire for $40 with a 20% off code for those who sign up to their newsletter as well as a 25% off for students. For those in the U.S. who are not familiar, Public Desire is a UK brand that has a lot of trendy footwear at reasonable prices.


What are your spring-time lusts? Let me know in the comments below and thanks for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment