Pages

Style | Bridal Shopping Excursion at Amsale Bridal and L'Fay Bridal

My older sister, Brenda is getting married next year,  so we went along with her lovely college friends Giuliana and TJ bridal gown shopping last weekend. I thought it would be fun to chronicle some of our adventures at bridal shops as it really has been an adventure so far. (Read: so many gorgeous dresses, so much beading, lace and tulle!) I need to get married stat (kidding but also not kidding) so I can wear one of these gowns.

The first stop we made was to the flagship Amsale Salon on Madison Avenue. Seriously it is such a pretty boutique. When we entered, my sister checked into her appointment and filled out a information sheet about herself, her style preferences, among other details. They also asked us if we wanted champagne, which was so glam! Given that it was 11:00 in the morning we opted out of that and got water instead. Check out the pretty pictures below!

Look at that badass train!!!




Overall great place to shop for higher-end wedding gowns. The bridal consultant helping us for our appointment and helped my sister grab the dresses that she had requested from her Pinterest in a curated fashion. We learned that taffeta is not a great fabric because it is SO shiny! When Brenda came out of the fitting room with a taffeta gown I blurted out "you look like you're made out of a Patagonia jacket!" and TJ said "Like it's made out of tent material!" One con - the store's seating was limited in the viewing area where we positioned. Two chairs for the 3 of us that had accompanied her, so one of us had to stand (we rotated).

My sister has a dream dress in mind, the Jim Helm 8558 from the Fall 2015 line. She's in sort of a dress mental block because she hasn't tried on her dream dress yet. For that reason we walked away without a dress from Amsale.



On the same day, we also went to L'Fay Bridal on 58th Street. Tip: that boutique has a variety of great dresses for $2,000 and under and they also carry some dresses in their own in house line. A dress that my sister and I completely fell in love with I guessed was $4,000-$6,000 turned out to be $1,800! I had originally made the appointment for 3:00 PM and they were able to accommodate us earlier with a 2:30 PM walk-in, which was great. I would say this boutique is better for  ladies who like beading and lace as they have a larger assortment of those types of dresses as opposed to the simple sophisticated look that my sister is trying to obtain. They also had a $10,000+ gown room, again with lots of beading, which was fun to explore.

Until the next adventure! Let me know below if you are shopping for a wedding dress and if you've found it!


No comments :

Post a Comment