Pages

Style | NYC Rebecca Minkoff Spring 2016 Sample Sale Recap

I'm quite the Minkette (lover of Rebecca Minkoff bags as I already own several of her bags) so it is only natural that I love the Rebecca Minkoff NYC sample sale. I was trying to make myself wait until Saturday aka the last day for additional markdowns on top of sale prices as I outlined in my Parker sample sale post, but today was the only day I could go. The sale is taking place from 5/9 - 5/14 at 260 Fifth Avenue between 28th and 28th street. Remaining hours are Friday 10 AM - 8 PM, Saturday 10 AM - 5 PM.

At the sale there was half a wall full of clothes and jeans with limited selection in terms of sizes. I noticed several samples of dresses and jackets left, but of course the sizes were small and there were damages. If you are interested in the clothing, be sure to check for rips and stains - my sister was about to purchase a pretty powder blue blazer but there were major, I mean major pit stains inside the jacket so she had to pass. Also there is a sizable amount of active wear in the clothing racks.

Pricing: This is not comprehensive and is more focused on pricing changes and additional markdowns. SampleSally has an original pricing list. 
  • Samples were marked down from $75 to $50. Originally they had a limit of 5 samples per person, but when I was at the sale you could purchase unlimited samples.Samples were limited of course, but lots of bags that look like the Triple Zip purse when I left.
  • Sandals, sneakers, and flats were marked down from $50 to $25 with boots marked down from $100 to $50
  • Small leather goods were marked down to $15
  • Ben/Uri Minkoff merchandise (for men) was marked down by I believe $25, but don't quote me on that!
  • Purses has not been marked down further and followed a pricing structure based on MSRP aka the more expensive the MSRP on the purse the more expensive the price. I do however anticipate they will be marked down on Saturday. 

See below for some photos I took of the merchandise and some commentary on what else you might find at the sale. I also noticed that you can buy SO SO many of these same items on the Rebecca Minkoff online sample sale site, so for those ladies who don't live in NYC, SF, or LA don't feel too bummed! I've also provided links in case you are interested. From my recollection, the pricing on the online sample sale is pretty close to the pricing at the physical NYC sale. Also this sale is different from the one last year in that there were definitely a lot less MAC bags. 

I thought this bag was really cute, the only one left in a seafoam color.  Purchase a navy one on the online sale here





Sorry this is blurry! I was trying to take pictures while holding a bunch of different things... As you can tell the sale had a lot of Distressed Micro Moto Satchels. You can purchase the black one here along with a variety of the same colors pictured in this photo on the online sale.  


I thought this Fringe Micro Lexi Bucket was very unique, color-wise and quite cute! I'm not a bucket bag girl however so I had to pass. This was the only magenta one I saw for sale. Purchase a brown version on the online sale here.


This Love cross-body pictured above is also available on the RM online sample sale website here. At the NYC sample sale you can find the following other Love style bags: light green, bright yellow, powder blue (see above in the picture of the fringe bag), mini loves in navy, bright blue, jumbo size in white and taupe, as well as a powder blue love clutch. 


They had a really good selection of backpacks. Purchase this same Lola Backpack on the online sample sale here. There was a black and white backpack sort of in the style of the Love Crossbody, which you can see underneath the picture of the backpack I took, but I not sure what it is called. SampleSally has a picture on her post.


They had a really good selection of bags in light colors, so good for Summer. Lots and lots of mini-sized bags.
Also Saw (in case you are like me and you want a detailed rundown of what you might find before going to the sale): 
  • Mini Suki Saddle Bag in pink and orange
  • Swing Bag in black (limited left - 2 or 3) 
  • Hudson Moto Mini in Tortura (lots left) 
  • Large Round Sofia Crossbody (several left) 
  • Lyon Satchel 
  • Odette Minaudiere (limited quantity - 2 or so)
  • Hex Minaudiere  (limited quantity - 2 or so)
  • Mini Perry Tote (red, blue, pink)
  • Mini Crosby (gray, other colors too) 
  • Mini Quilted Affair (gray/taupe, navy, white, so basically what you can find on the online sample sale) 
  • Booties - more so than on the sample sale website, but of course sizes at this point are limited
  • Jewelry - small selection but decent prices


Didn't See:
  • Isobel Saddle bag, which is what I was looking for
  • Love Crossbody in denim, or velvet, also what I was looking for

My Learnings: 
  • If you are going to buy shoes from a sample sale, check BOTH shoes before you buy them. BOTH OF THEM!!! I can't even stress that point enough. The most hilarious but also not so hilarious thing happened to me after I left the sale. I'm embarrassed and I almost cried after finding out that I had purchased two left shoes...but here's the kicker, one in my actual size, a 7, and one in a size 8... It probably happened because the line started getting really long and busy. But the story doesn't end there - I frantically called up the sale to explain what had happened, and a sweet employee went to go find the right shoe in a size 7 for me. I ended up making another trip to the sale one hour after I had left it to exchange the size 8 left shoe for a size 7 right shoe...but I guess these shoes were worth it....especially for $25. Can't wait to wear them in the wintertime!
Shiloh Style

Until the next sale!


No comments :

Post a Comment