Pages

Review | Pureology Color Fanatic Multitasking Hair Beautifier aka 21 Essential Benefit Spray

This week is going to be a double post week (stay tuned for a post this Sunday on micellular water) because I missed my posting last week. Sorry for that (had a 12 page brief due for class). I haven't done haircare product reviews on this blog as my blog is predominately for skincare products, but I've been coloring my hair for about 2 years at the salon and have tried a lot of products that I think others who color their hair might also like. I've gotten ombre done twice and have now moved over to babylights.

My hair is now a medium-light ash brown that looks blonde under direct sunlight (my right-hand column profile picture is a bit dated...) If you are Asian you know how much of a struggle bus it is to lighten your hair and to keep it looking smooth and healthy while maintaining the non-brassy color. Brass tones (aka orange tone) are the enemy of any girl who wants to keep their hair ashy! That's where good high-quality products come in!

Pureology is considered a premium haircare brand and I have loved all of their colored hair products that I have tried. I've also tried Pureology's Hydrate Hydra Whip, which is probably the most amazing hair masque and this is no joke. You leave on for approximately 5 minutes and it makes your hair so smooth (review to come). Today's review will be for the Pureology Color Fanatic 21 Essential Benefit Spray aka Multitasking Hair Beautifier which my colorist first used on me as a heat protectant before she styled my hair with curls.


Packaging: Spray bottle approximately, approximately 6.7 oz. 

Pricing / Purchasing:
  • Here on Ulta.com for $26; This may seem on the pricier side, but for those of you who also get your hair colored at the salon you will pay top dollar to keep your color. 
Color / Consistency: Thin and clear

Usage Tip(s): 

  • Spray into wet hair, do not spray into dry hair
  • You can let your hair air dry after you spray this product on
  • Do not put too much or your hair will feel weighed down and sort of matted together, a few sprays will go a long way! Be sure to comb it through with your fingers or a comb
  • Because of Pureology's price point / status as a premium hair care brand, there are knockoffs on the market, be aware if the product is vastly cheaper on other websites, be sure to check coupon websites like Retailmenot for places like Ulta to help defray the price

Ingredients: Aqua / Water / Eau, Cocos Nucifera Oil / Coconut Oil, Amodimethicone, PPG-5-Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Polyquaternium-37, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Acetamide Mea, Parfum / Fragrance, Lactamide Mea, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Butylene Glycol, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Trideceth-6, Behentrimonium Chloride, Xylose, Ethylhexylglycerin, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract / Sunflower Seed Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Linalool, Benzophenone-4, Cetrimonium Chloride, Tocopherol, Olea Europaea Oil / Olive Fruit Oil, Camelina Sativa Oil / Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Isoeugenol, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Seed Extract, Melanin.

As per the description on Ulta, here are the benefits of particular ingredients. 

  • Fennel Seed Extract - a natural plant extract and powerful antioxidant, offering environmental protection for hair
  • Keravis - a vegetable-based protein known for its strengthening properties
  • Xylose - derived from sugar, protects hair from heat-styling damage
  • Camelina, Coconut, and Olive Oil - a blend of natural oils that offer light weight conditioning, smoothing and anti-frizz results
  • Completely free of Salt, Parabens, Colorants, Drying Alcohols, Mineral Oil, DEA (Diethanolamine) 

Scent: Perfumed smell, it smells really nice and luxurious with hints of vanilla

Pros: 
  • Smells nice! I typically hate perfumed products but this one has a really nice smell that also makes your hair smell great
  • Great for use as a heat protectant - it protects against heat damage up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
  • Makes your hair feel so smooth 

Cons: 
  • If you have thick hair like me the bottle will run out quickly, there are other products that will likely give you more bank for your buck
  • Can weigh your hair down, meaning your hair gets greasier fast if you accidentally put too much in

Overall rating: 4.0 / 5.0

I really love Pureology products and really want to try the hydrate shampoo and conditioner if they only weren't so damn expensive! Since my hair is quite thick and dry it essentially drinks conditioner and I would go bankrupt using such luxurious hair products... 

I gave this product a 4.0 rating because although it is really good, I only use it occasionally as a post washed hair beautifier. I prefer using Zen Care's Repair Connection Aqua Miracle Serum again another product recommended to me by my colorist (review to come) in conjunction with Tresemme's Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray, which is a drugstore heat protectant that costs approximately $6. One tube of the Aqua Miracle Serum has lasted me over a year approximately 15 months so totally worth the $30. 



Thanks for reading and let me know in the comments below if you have tried any Pureology products. 


No comments :

Post a Comment