Pages

Style | Acquazzura Christy Ghillie Flat Dupes

My parents taught me the value of a dollar and how important it was to search for value when making purchases. For that reason, it is no surprise that I absolutely love TJMaxx and other discount stores. I actually was so in love with discount merchandising that I worked as an intern at Ross Stores (a peer discount retailer to TJMaxx) in the middle of NYC's Garment District and I LOVED it! It was SO fun to learn about merchandising, inventory and demand planning, store placement, etc. And I loved the managers that I worked with. :)

I never thought I would see the day that a "discount" retailer would sell products online, because the business model of a discount retailer is not really well suited for this type of sales channel. More specifically a discount retailer moves a high volume of cheaper products quickly with a lower profit margin. But by adding a web-based business with a product fulfillment and shipping component, this adds to the retailers costs, making it more difficult for a discount retailer to make a profit. But the day came when TJMaxx launched their online store and I was ecstatic. I think TJMaxx is able to make it work because they seem to carry products at a slightly higher price point on the website than in stores.

I was even more excited when I found these amazing dupes for the black version of the Acquazzura Christy Ghillie Flat by an Italian brand Napoleoni for way less than the $675 designer retail price. Purchase them from TJMaxx here for $99. These dupe's look so close especially since they both have a metallic heel and extend up the ankle.


 


$675


vs.
$99



Keeping this post timely, there is also a black leather ghillie flat at a lower price point than the two items above at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale by the brand Halogen for $59.90, which is happening now until August 8th, when the price will increase back up to $89.95. These versions however, are not as close of a dupe as the Napoleoni flats as they do not extend upward on the ankle nor do they have a metallic heel. However, they do come in other great colors such as blush, pewter and bordeaux.


$59.99 during the Nordstrom anniversary sale 


Love ghillie flats? Let me know!



No comments :

Post a Comment